Our work as safety instructors and employers is never done when it comes to educating workers on safety and ensuring that everyone is performing their tasks safely. According to National Safety Council, preventable deaths are now at over 130,000 per year – one person dies every four minutes. This is a big deal, and each of us can make an impact to reduce that number.
As part of an effort to emphasize the importance of safety both on and off the job, NSC’s 2019 campaign is promoting safety and health in the workplace and beyond. You can emphasize safety in June by taking the SafeAtWork pledge. On the National Safety Council’s website, you’ll find downloadable materials you can use, including a poster, tips sheets, and social media graphics.
Get involved with these ideas:
- Distribute downloadable safety month materials
- Create newsletters or blog posts
- Hold a safety trivia contest with weekly prizes
- Make an activity out of identifying hazards where you work and live
- Throw a safety fair, lunch ‘n learn or celebratory luncheon
- Encourage others to take the SafeAtWork pledge at nsc.org/workpledge
- Share posts on your social media channels using #NSM
Let’s work together to reduce the number of needless injuries and fatalities!