Changing the way you think about safety
When your focus is on the safety and well-being of your people, standards and regulations will be easy to comply with.
OSHA Compliance Training – Electrical / NFPA 70E
Electrical work is one of the most hazardous jobs in the construction industry. It’s no wonder that OSHA continues to keep it as a National Emphasis and part of their Focus Four. For this reason CSC has developed this 4 to 10 hour Electrical & NFPA 70E Competent Persons Training Class. These Classes will go in-depth of the following topics.
4 hour Electrical Training:
- Most Frequently Cited OSHA Violations
- Discuss Hazards relating to electrical work
- The effects of AC current has on the human body
- Required us of GFCI on jobsites / assured Grounding Program
- Electrical Definitions
- General Requirements
- Grounding of Live Parts
- Temporary Lighting / Extension Cord Use
- Overhead and underground Power lines
NFPA 70E Training:
- What Standards Apply
- Training Requirements
- Program Requirements
- Hazard identification
- Lock-out / tag-out procedures
- Working on or near live parts
- Hazard Categories
- Proper selection and use of PPE
- Arch Flash and Arch Blast
- Definition of Qualified and unqualified Person
- Energized work permits
- Shock protection and flash protection boundaries
- And other important general and specific electrical safety topics
Our classes can be designed specific to a company needs and operations. We can come in and take pictures of the electrical systems and exposures or you can send us pictures to include in our training so we can train your employees specifically on the hazards they work around daily. So if are conducting operations involving electrical work and need your workers trained, please contact us.
Want To Learn More?
If you have questions about our programs or training, we’d be happy to talk with you.